HM3060 – Low Temp – Case Seal
Benefits of low temp hot melt vs. standard 350°F hot melt
- Safety: The severity of a burn depends on the length of time that the area is held above the burn temperature. For example, 1 gramme of a traditional 350°F hot melt requires 18 seconds to cool down below 180°F, and will be constantly burning during those 18 seconds. Applied at 250°F, only 70°F above the burn temperature, Low Temperature hot Melts will significantly reduce the occurrence of severe burns.
- Reduced energy use: Measurements carried out in a production process showed that Low Temperature hot melts requires 33% less energy from the hot melt unit, all along the production cycle. This can produce considerable savings in a multi-line plant. The reduction in energy use will have a positive impact on the environment, and this is an important KPI for many leading food producers and Supermarkets.
- Improved Stability: Decrease in the thermal degradation of the adhesive
- Reduced Downtime: Reduce char generated in an adhesive application
- Reduced Maintenance Cost: 100°F difference reduces wear and tear on machinery
- Efficiency: Fast set speeds of Low temp have improve line speeds by 30%